[Nix-dev] Leksah

Hilco Wijbenga hilco.wijbenga at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 08:20:26 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I have been trying for years (yes, years) to compile Leksah so I could
finally see whether it was a usable IDE. I tried it with Cabal, with
Cabal and sandboxes, and now with Nix. I'm using the unstable channel
(which includes Leksah) and I was under the impression that unstable
had been built successfully so that Leksah should now finally compile.
Nope. :-( (See below.)

If Hydra built unstable successfully (which, I believe, is a
prerequisite for the channel to update) then how is it possible that
Leksah does not build for me? Is there something simple I can do to
get it to compile (being a total Haskell beginner)?

(I have installed Nix on my Gentoo box.)

Cheers,
Hilco

Building regex-tdfa-text-1.0.0.2...
Preprocessing library regex-tdfa-text-1.0.0.2...
[1 of 2] Compiling Text.Regex.TDFA.Text.Lazy (
Text/Regex/TDFA/Text/Lazy.hs, dist/build/Text/Regex/TDFA/Text/Lazy.o )

Text/Regex/TDFA/Text/Lazy.hs:77:9:
    Non type-variable argument
      in the constraint: Data.Array.Base.IArray a (Int, Int)
    (Use FlexibleContexts to permit this)
    When checking that ‘go’ has the inferred type
      go :: forall t (a :: * -> * -> *) i.
            (Functor (a i), Num i, GHC.Arr.Ix i,
             Data.Array.Base.IArray a (Int, Int), Extract t) =>
            Int -> t -> [a i (Int, Int)] -> [a i (t, (Int, Int))]
    In the expression:
      let
        go i _ _ | i `seq` False = undefined
        go _i _t [] = []
        go i t (x : xs)
          = let ... in fmap trans x : seq t' (go (off0 + len0) t' xs)
      in go 0 source (matchAll regex source)
    In an equation for ‘matchAllText’:
        matchAllText regex source
          = let
              go i _ _ | i `seq` False = undefined
              go i t (x : xs) = ...
            in go 0 source (matchAll regex source)
builder for ‘/nix/store/7w9jkpr1z2d62r9m4bm48id2y7bfp2xr-haskell-regex-tdfa-text-1.0.0.2.drv’
failed with exit code 1