[Nix-dev] Some beginner Nix/nixpkgs questions

Anderson Torres torres.anderson.85 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 03:11:47 CEST 2015

Well, I think you just want:

1 - The Nix package manager language - it is easy;
2 - A local package expression respository with your own idiosyncrasy.

To 2, it is just to create a Git local branch with your preferred
versions of your favourite packages. To build them, maybe setting up
an Hydra server would be helpful, or even the nix-serve idea from
above messages.