[Nix-dev] HaskellNG and taffybar

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Tue Apr 14 01:49:56 CEST 2015

On 02/24/2015 05:14 PM, Benno Fünfstück wrote:
> Nixpkgs contains a patched ghc-paths package that allows you to specify the
> path to ghc at runtime using the NIX_GHC environment variable.

This didn't end up working well and dyre's master instead just runs GHC
from PATH which also is not great. There is now a patch in nixpkgs that
makes dyre itself look in NIX_GHC just like XMonad does and I have made
a simple wrapper for Yi which uses this and it works great. I'll be
replacing yiCustom that's currently in nixpkgs with new one later today.

--
Mateusz K.