[Nix-dev] Trouble with pygobject

Richard Wallace rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Fri Oct 31 19:28:21 CET 2014

Hey all,

I'm trying to create some packages for applications that I use regularly
before switching over to NixOS full time.  So far things are going great.

Now I'm trying to get pithos (a Pandora GTK client) built [1].  Pithos
builds and everything looks ok, but when I try and run it I get
`ImportError: No module named gi`.  I'm not familiar with Python
development, but a bit of Googling indicates that python can't pygobject.

Looking at the wrapper created, I see the path to
`/nix/store/hlyp3a9cy5k7qhfc1chd1v3bm2jljazn-pygobject-2.28.6/lib/python2.7/site-packages`
included in the PYTHONPATH.

I've exhausted my knowledge of python at this point.  Can anyone point me
to what I may be missing?

Thanks,
Rich

[1] http://pastebin.com/AknCwdNa