[Nix-dev] XMonad and Taffybar on nixos

Ryan Trinkle ryan.trinkle at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 02:03:42 CET 2014

The easiest way I've found to do (possibly complex) dependencies for xmonad
is to add a default.nix to my ~/.xmonad directory and then add this
keybinding to xmonad:

((mod4Mask, xK_q), spawn "cd ~/.xmonad ; nix-shell --pure --command 'ghc
--make xmonad.hs -i -ilib -fforce-recomp -v0 -o xmonad-x86_64-linux' &&
xmonad --restart")

It's a bit of a hack, but it's been working very reliably for me, and lets
me add whatever I need to the xmonad environment.

Ryan