[Nix-dev] Hydra Admins: please delete Darwin Haskell packages (was: Broken ghc for OS X on cache.nixos.org)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Oct 22 00:06:41 CEST 2014

Dear Hydra admins,

the GHC closure /nix/store/rqvc3c4yzlv0fydf4r8yhc8l3ny410l0-ghc-7.8.3 is
broken: it contains an unusable, ancient Haddock binary that, we assume,
comes from an impure location. As a result, *all* Haskell packages for
Darwin are broken -- and have been for the last couple of months. This
issue has been discussed at [1] in some detail.

Commit [2] disables all Haskell-related Hydra builds for Darwin. Now, to
avoid serving broken binaries to Nix users on Darwin, we also need to
remove those broken closures from Hydra, i.e. by running

 # nix-store --delete /nix/store/rqvc3c4yzlv0fydf4r8yhc8l3ny410l0-ghc-7.8.3

or something along those lines.

Could someone with appropriate super powers on Hydra please do that?

Best regards,
Peter

[1] https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/2689
[2] https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/commit/7a20d764827f12bdd783a63a14ff0b2b9fcfeb96