[Nix-dev] Crontab and mail / ssmtp troubles

M. P. Ashton data at imap.cc
Thu Oct 16 16:35:23 CEST 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014, at 04:39 AM, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   > SH=/run/current-system/sw/bin/sh
>   > MAILTO=data at gtf.org
>   > PATH=/run/current-system/sw/sbin
>   >
>   > 10 02 * * * echo test
>
> that $PATH doesn't look right. Shouldn't that directory list allow the
> cron daemon to resolve 'sendmail' to '/var/setuid-wrappers/sendmail'?

Well, I'm a bit naive I'm afraid -- 'which sendmail' pointed at
/run/current-system/sw/sbin, and that worked from the command-line, so I
put it in there.

I didn't know about /var/setuid-wrappers. Maybe that's the thing to use?
I see it mentioned in the NixOS manual. I'll try that.

Thanks -- I'm learning quite a bit from this! --Michael