[Nix-dev] Nix OS installation problems - Where's the hard drive?

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 11:05:19 CEST 2014

Ok, I propose that on your working Nix install:

   1. you fork (github) and clone nixpkgs
   2. do a nix-channel --update (use unstable channel) and checkout the
   revision it's at (see the last bit of the downloaded file)
   3. you edit the file pkgs/os-specific/linux/kernel/common-config.nix to
   insert the SCSI_SAS_ATA y line at line 62
   4. you run: nix-build ./nixos/release.nix -A iso_graphical.x86_64-linux
   (or iso_minimal.x86_64-linux if you want it faster)
   5. test the result
   6. if it works, commit your change and do a PR :)

Wout.