[Nix-dev] Firefox

Shell Turner cam.turn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 12:23:49 CEST 2014

firefox-with-plugins is actually "firefoxWrapper", and doesn't
actually have any plugins enabled by default. firefoxWrapper simply
creates a shell script which launches firefox with various paths
allowing it to load plugins. It changes depending on what plugins you
enable, so it doesn't make much sense to provide it as a binary.
Firefox itself is provided as a binary (firefox-32.0.3), and that's
what firefoxWrapper wraps.

In order to configure those plugins, you have to edit
~/.nixpkgs/config.nix to enable various options - the details are in
the wiki: https://nixos.org/wiki/Firefox

Shell