[Nix-dev] Reconsidering dash in package names

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 15:28:16 CEST 2014

On 10/11/2014 03:16 PM, Shea Levy wrote:
> If you do { inherit gcc; }, then $gcc just points to gcc's out path at
> build time.

Yes, I know, but I did not find that much useful yet. As you point out,
packages are typically put into *buildInputs or used on nix-level (in
strings). The probability of needing that feature with a dashed name
seems low to me. Of course, we could also make stdenv convert dashes to
underscores when defining the variable names...

Vladimir