[Nix-dev] custom dwm/windowManager package on /run/current-system

Javier Aguirre javi at javaguirre.net
Fri Oct 10 18:39:46 CEST 2014

Good evening,

I've been playing around with NixOS for a while, I have my own NIXPKGS repo
with a custom version of dwm, the window manager.

The problem is I can install my custom dwm build, but when I boot the old
dwm remains(the one in the NixOS original channel) in
/run/current-system/sw/bin/dwm.

I can install it for root(default profile) and my user because I can see a
change I made to 'dwm -v', but I cannot change the version that boots. I
located the hash and the current version working for boot, but I don't know
If I have to install it for a different profile, make a derivation in my
configuration.nix, etc.

I can provide more information, but I wanted to expose my problem first not
having a very long email. :-)

Thank you people!
Javi

--