[Nix-dev] Anyone care to review my post on the Nix expression language?

James Harrison Fisher jameshfisher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:41:41 CEST 2014

Hey Colin,

Thanks for the praise. I concentrated a lot on laziness because I think it’s really critical to understanding how Nix works and is probably unfamiliar to everyone outside Haskell land.

You might be right about the "white lies” approach. It’s a tricky balance to get right — at one end an unfriendly formal specification; at the other, reader mistrust. :) I’ll try to tone it down.

Thanks very much,

James