[Nix-dev] library with python bindings

Andreas Herrmann andreash87 at gmx.ch
Wed Oct 8 17:04:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

suppose I have a package that is mainly a C++ library and also written in C++ and built with CMake and GCC.
Yet, it also provides a python library that is compiled and written to `$out/lib/python2.7/site-packages/...` as a mix of shared object files and python scripts.

How do I tell Nix to fix `PYTHONPATH` accordingly when this package is loaded, and also to wrap python accordingly?
I looked around in nixpkgs but wasn't able to identify a certain pattern to follow in this case.

Best,

Andreas