[Nix-dev] issue with channels and hydra

Andreas Herrmann andreash87 at gmx.ch
Wed Oct 8 13:17:29 CEST 2014

On Wednesday 08 October 2014 11:43:57 Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> It hasn't finished building, and it hasn't been mirrored to cache.nixos.org yet.
> That's why you're not getting binaries.
Ah, sorry, I didn't know that.

> The current channel version at http://nixos.org/channels/nixpkgs-unstable/ is
> b36095578cd4b12c976c95c18610ddb7d38dcf28, so if you use that, you should get
> binaries.
Hmm, that one still has the old bash 4.2 p49, which doesn't work for me, because my host system has newer patches and the corresponding environment crashes the nix bash [1]. I think I need at least p51. I'll try to get along with 14.04-small for now.

Is there a way to make nix download from a not fully evaluated jobset? I read somewhere on the wiki that you can, but it didn't say how.

[1]: http://pastebin.com/bARMTwq5