[Nix-dev] Nix OS installation problems - Where's the hard drive?

Joseph Joe joej at reed.edu
Tue Oct 7 04:49:37 CEST 2014

I am still a bit confused. I added the following lines to
/etc/nixos/configuration.nix

nixpkgs.config.packageOverrides = pkgs:
  { linux_3_4 = pkgs.linux_3_4.override {
      extraConfig =
        ''
          CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_ATA y
        '';
    };
  };

Then I saved the file and entered the command

# nixos-rebuild switch

After the operation was finished, I entered

# fdisk -l

But the hard drive is still not recognized.

This doesn't work because I am inside the live-usb. But, I can make a
custom image in the live-boot with this changed configuration file. This
image will have the configuration I want. Is that correct?
Also, how would I put the Ubuntu kernel onto the liveUSB?