[Nix-dev] Nix OS installation problems - Where's the hard drive?

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 09:37:53 CEST 2014

Hi,

No, the live USB doesn't store changes I'm afraid. What you can do is put
the Ubuntu kernel on the liveUSB, and boot using that instead of the
regular one. That should work, I don't think there are any extra-special
kernel features that NixOS needs.

Then you can install NixOS on your HD, but you need the kernel to have the
SAS support.

To change the Linux config on NixOS, you need to edit configuration.nix:
http://nixos.org/nixos/manual/#sec-kernel-config
Just put "CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_ATA y" in there.

In the mean time, also open an issue requesting the kernel to have that
configuration by default.

Wout.