[Nix-dev] Nix OS installation problems - Where's the hard drive?

Joseph Joe joej at reed.edu
Fri Oct 3 05:14:42 CEST 2014

I'm trying to install Nix OS onto my computer. My computer's optical drive
is broken, so I tried installing using a live usb. But when I boot from a
live usb, the only recognized harddrive is the usb. So, when I enter the
command "fdisk -l", the usb is shown to be mounted on
/dev/sda and there are no other entries.

On the other hand, I was able to install Ubuntu with no problems and
reformat the harddrive. I can partition and modify the harddrive fine in
Ubuntu.

I tried making uefi and legacy boot live usbs for Nix OS, and both have the
same problem.

Any suggestions and help would be well appreciated

-- Joseph Joe