[Nix-dev] build server

Tim Barbour trb at categorical.net
Wed Oct 1 03:41:07 CEST 2014

Tim Barbour writes:
 > I would like to set up a nix build server, particularly for use with nixops.
 > Is there a definitive document about how to do this, including cross-platform
 > builds (e.g. ARM) ?

Well, I got it working (no cross-build yet) using nix.buildMachines as described here:

  http://sandervanderburg.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/setting-up-hydra-build-cluster-for_10.html

together with archive signing as described here:

  http://functional-orbitz.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/setting-up-nixops-on-mac-os-x-with.html

I have yet to setup cross-platform builds. I know that I need to configure the cross-build
capability on the build server, and tell the client that the server has it (the easy part). So
far I have found these instructions:

  https://nixos.org/wiki/CrossCompiling

Tim
---