[Nix-dev] Native dependencies in reengineered npm2nix

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Wed Nov 12 08:08:49 CET 2014

Hi all,

I'm making more progress on converting my projects to use the new npm2nix
generator, but I've run into another issue: how are we do provide native
dependencies for npm packages?

In my case, I'm using the pg package from npm, which needs to bind to
libpq. With the old version of npm2nix, I just hacked up nixpkgs to supply
the necessary dependencies via nativeDeps. This new version doesn't rely on
nixpkgs, though, and I don't see an equivalent mechanism.

Did I miss something? How are native dependencies supposed to be specified?

Colin