[Nix-dev] I'd like to package 'python-qscintilla2' from Debian. How should I do that?

Daniel Hlynskyi abcz2.uprola at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 19:31:19 CET 2014

Hi. I'm going to create a package from Debian one, 'python-qscintilla2' and
it's usage 'tortoisehg'. What manuals should I read first, what examples
should I take into account, what naming conventions should I consider and
what workflows are there to simplify package process?

Wiki and manual information is helpfull, but not enlighting. I'll start
there, but maybe someone can point me to better docs/examples on package
process?

In particular:
- is there simple way to convert existing Debian (or Arch/AUR) package to
Nix?
- testing package isolated to system
- nix derivation syntax and semantics (from scratch and for dummies)
- nix derivation workflow patterns for dummies
- nix naming and versioning patterns for dummies
- maintaining

Best, Daniel