[Nix-dev] Travis false-positives

Rob Vermaas rob.vermaas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 09:56:07 CET 2014

Hi,

> Isn't travis a special case for the dynamic cache? It only runs 2 jobs at
> most and only when a PR comes in or a commit is done. Basically it's an
> extension of Hydra except that it builds PRs and doesn't save build
> products...
> Seems to me that it is fine for it to use the dynamic binary cache...

Indeed. The amount of pulls from hydra.nixos.org from Travis is pretty
limited, so it is ok to use for this. We just don't want a large group of
people using it continuously, as the binary cache of hydra.nixos.org only
generates nars on-the-fly, and it has no caching of these nars, so they put
a significant load on the main Hydra machine, which is already under heavy
CPU and IO pressure.

Cheers,
Rob