[Nix-dev] NixOS Live CD (Graphic) Boot Failure

J. Brian Kelley jbk at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 3 21:42:30 CET 2014

Following up, I came across this:

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/4748

Could this be related to my problem?

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Nix-dev] NixOS Live CD (Graphic) Boot Failure
Date: 	Mon, 03 Nov 2014 11:26:33 -0500
From: 	J. Brian Kelley <jbk at teksavvy.com>
To: 	Wout Mertens <wout.mertens at gmail.com>, Raahul Kumar
<raahul.kumar at gmail.com>
CC: 	nix-dev <nix-dev at lists.science.uu.nl>

I agree that the problem is hardware related, but I cannot see any
indication that the drive / controller is malfunctioning. Remember that
I have just run the gparted live-cd (Debian) against the drive for hours
rearranging the "deck chairs". NixOS is the only distro I have tried
that is malfunctioning in this area.

I suspect that this is an "enumeration" (is that a general or
Windows-specific term?) problem which is unique to whatever approach the
NixOS packagers have selected to use. If so, the question is how to
identify it.