[Nix-dev] [nixos] The necessity of UEFI Secure Boot

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Tue May 27 08:50:35 CEST 2014

In short: all the bootloaders are signed by Microsoft. At least in
“mainstream” distributions.

UEFI is definitely a cool thing. But there are decisions to be made before
implementing its support in a distribution. So, yeah, I hope the discussion
will be started.
As a first step, NixOS can probably assume that it is used by power-users,
who own their Platform Keys.

--
Кирилл Елагин