[Nix-dev] hydra build priorities based on package popularity

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat May 24 13:23:36 CEST 2014

On 05/23/2014 01:02 AM, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> Is there some kind of a priority system on Hydra? As far as I
> understand, it just builds everything in order it comes in.

- Jobsets have an amount of scheduling shares (relative to other jobsets).
- IIRC jobs can have their priority.
- Packages that have lots of others depending on it (e.g. Qt) are very
likely to be built soon, as it's done whenever any of the transitive
dependents are built.

Qt in particular is problematic, because we have parallel make disabled
there (it caused problems), and it's currently a monolithic build (it's
a monster with webkit, etc.).

Vlada