[Nix-dev] Updating /etc/nix/nix.conf before building packages during nixos-rebuild

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Sat May 24 12:13:10 CEST 2014

You know, this feels a little wrong.

/etc/nixos+nixpkgs describes the whole system, including how to build it,
and here the build process will differ depending on previous state.

Wouldn't it make more sense to build  the nix config before building the
rest? Or at least use the new config for the entire build, installing when
the build succeeds?

Wout.