[Nix-dev] haskell ide

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Mon May 12 23:15:00 CEST 2014

One (silent) movie can say more than a thousand words:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP7ynVdVY9A
That's not haskell you see there, but a language that's close to it.
It clearly demonstrates what it means to integrate your editor with
your repl/compiler/typechecker.

That's really all you should go for, while still keeping everything
very transparent and manageable.
Complicated IDEs which can "setup a project" for you almost always
fail by being too restrictive or by obscuring things behind tons of
dialogs and menus, while at the same time they lack the more
helpful/intelligent code editing features.