[Nix-dev] haskell ide

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Sat May 10 22:36:05 CEST 2014

Yes, it really doesn't matter much.
Haskell is a very lightweight language to edit "by hand". I mean that
compared to other languages there are not a lot of braces, curly
braces and ceremonial keywords all over the place.

So every simple notepad will suffice without giving you lots of typing work.
Some support for indentation would be nice, because of haskell's
layouting rules.

If you are just starting, you should really focus on the language
itself and on understanding the error messages you get from the
compiler. Advanced IDE stuff will be nice later on, but won't help for
learning the language and might even obscure things.