[Nix-dev] Porting Nix to [Open]BSD

Manuel Pages amarr.industrial at gmail.com
Sat May 10 14:49:42 CEST 2014

On 5/8/14, Manuel Pages wrote:
> As well, I'd like to reserve this thread for people interested in
> porting Nix to BSD systems and making it usable there to talk about
> their efforts.

A little update: as I'm hopelessly stuck with autotools, I'm configuring
nix on Linux and then porting Linux source code to OpenBSD. Sadly I
can't do that in a single frustration-driven hackathon.

The problem I had with autotools is that autoconfigure of nix doesn't
recognize bzip2 library on non-Linux platforms which is kinda sad
because it's exactly what autoconfigure should do — configure the
project to work across POSIX systems :)

—
Cheers,
M.P.