[Nix-dev] Move to GHC 7.8.2

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat May 10 00:13:15 CEST 2014

Hi guys,

an almost finished version of the re-factored haskell-default.nix is now
available in the "haskell-updates" branch of my Nixpkgs repository [1]
for your reviewing pleasure. Check out [2] for a brief description of
the changes so far.

Test builds at http://hydra.cryp.to/jobset/nixpkgs/haskell-updates
indicate that these changes had no negative effect on our the stability
of our package set.

If no serious issues arise, then I plan to merge these changes to master
early next week.

Best regards,
Peter

P. S.: The commits in that branch don't switch the default compiler to
       GHC 7.8.2 yet. We can add that if we want to, but it feels like
       the re-factoring is orthogonal to the compiler update, really.

[1] https://github.com/peti/nixpkgs/tree/haskell-updates
[2] https://github.com/peti/nixpkgs/commit/8e7ff419b5e90c615ccf6e1dfe07f4907cabfa46