[Nix-dev] Aegisub fails to configure - it thinks I am in a Darwin System! (?)

Anderson Torres torres.anderson.85 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 04:02:10 CEST 2014

Well, how can I explain it?

1 - I just noted that monitor.nixos.org is saying that I need to update
aegisub.

2 - I updated it, by changing version and hash of Aegisub source tarball.

Normally I do a simple test by running nix-shell, but my Internet
connection was not so good yesterday.

So, I uploaded it with no testing, hoping that nothing went wrong; in
tandem, I ran nix-shell, but then I powered off my machine (sleep time!).

3 - Hydra notifies me a 'Failure'. So, "get to the hard work, boy!"

4 - The 'sh configure' script fails misteriously with a "can't compile with
-lGL" complain. Reading 'config.log' (http://pastebin.com/MWQ4cU60)
(Expires 2 weeks!), I found the error:

configure:7248: gcc -o conftest  -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter
-std=gnu99 -pipe -g -O3     -dylib_file
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
conftest.c -lopengl32 -lm  >&5

gcc: error:
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:
No such file or directory

5 - Googling it, I found that messages only in Apple- or Darwin-related
forums. Even in the NixOS source tree, searching 'dylib' returns a bunch of
Darwin-related files.

Then I have some questions:

a) What the frak is 'dylib'? Is it something like '.so' files in Linux
world?
b) Why the configure script is thinking I am in a 'dylib' Darwin-like
environment?
c) Can someone help me understanding the mess above? :)

Thanks, and sorry my irresponsibility.