[Nix-dev] Curious on how to configure nginx

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:39:28 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell
<viric at viric.name>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:28:26AM +0100, Wout Mertens wrote:
>

> > Here's a question I couldn't find an answer to easily: Suppose you're
> > running nginx as a proxy for a bunch of services. How would you configure
> > that? Normally, I'd install the latest nginx and then change its
> > configuration by adding files to /etc/nginx/conf.d etc.
>

> You just "rebuild" the service, not nginx, when you change the config.

Aah ok, so you write the nginx configuration in
 /etc/nixos/configuration.nix and then it gets included by
https://github.com/NixOS/nixos/blob/master/modules/services/web-servers/nginx/default.nix#L11

Ok, that makes sense. Now what if I want to run multiple nginx services,
how would I go about that?

Wout.