[Nix-dev] Fonts

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:23:52 CEST 2014

Why would anyone ever want to add a font to `sytemPackages`?
So, the proper way to install a font globally is to add it to `fonts.fonts`.

It should also be possible to install fonts as normal packages into your
user environment.
If something is wrong, run `fc-cache -v` and look for the dir you expect
your font to be in. You should see something like:

~~~
$HOME/.nix-profile/share/fonts/truetype: skipping, existing cache is valid:
1 fonts, 0 dirs
~~~

Then `fc-list` and `grep` for your font. If it's there, then the issue is
in your application.

--
Кирилл Елагин