[Nix-dev] Hydra not building a package, fetchSubmodules fault?

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Sun Jun 8 02:05:27 CEST 2014

On 06/08/2014 01:52 AM, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/06/14 01:25, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
>
>> I explicitly added platforms and Hydra now builds it[1]. Good call
>> although I still don't know why vice is being built without platforms.
>
> That's because it's listed in release.nix:
>
> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/top-level/release.nix#L311
>
> This is another (mostly deprecated) way to specify what packages should be built.

It seems like we'd want to build every package in nixpkgs except select
few (unfree non-distributable). Does this mean that we should add
packages to release.nix when adding new expressions? You say it's
somewhat deprecated, does this mean that we should remove the packages
from release.nix and instead use meta.platforms for each?

--
Mateusz K.