[Nix-dev] Request for Doc: how about doxygenize Nixpkgs

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Sat Jun 7 20:25:18 CEST 2014

On 06/07/2014 08:10 PM, Anderson Torres wrote:
> Hello, Nixers!
>
> I was thinking: how about to "doxygenize"[1] the Nixpkgs tree? How
> about advantages and disadvantages on this?
>

> FootNotes:
> 1 - http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/

It does not seem necessary for most of nixpkgs: all of pkgs is just
package definitions and if someone is interested in anything in
particular, they can source dive it and find comments (if any) there.

I agree that it would be nice to have any/extra documentation for some
of the tools and utility functions employed through nixpkgs but I don't
think it justifies the effort of trying to hook up doxygen just for
those: it'd be much easier to use the format the manual is currently in
or use the wiki. I simply don't think effort setting up doxygen would
outweigh the benefit for the few things that we need to document.

--
Mateusz K.