[Nix-dev] Openssl and fast security updates

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:20:00 CEST 2014

On 06/06/2014 08:59 AM, Ertugrul Söylemez wrote:
> When we use priorities generously we could avoid a lot of delay even in less critical cases.

The main problem I see is that normally you don't want to release a
channel until *all* parts have rebuilt.

We do have meta.schedulingPriority, but it's used little, and from
earlier discussions I think it's really hard to objectively determine
which packages are more important than others ;-)

BTW, aborting jobs would need to be done very carefully, because we have
some jobs that run for hours, so that could lead to wasting lots of time.

Vlada