[Nix-dev] Openssl and fast security updates

Luca Bruno lethalman88 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 17:09:52 CEST 2014

This is the second time since I'm using nixos there's a need for a
really important security update.
It takes too much time to deliver the new packages from the nixos
channel, and it would take equally long to compile them on production
servers.
Are there any plans to overcome this drawback? Is there any quick fix
documented anywhere for updating a package without recompiling the world?
I'd like to open an issue about this, security is important and such
updates must be delivered soon, not after several days.

Best regards,