[Nix-dev] Can not figure out user name in nix-1.7 build

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public12 at thebird.nl
Tue Jun 3 22:33:01 CEST 2014

I am trying to build Nix-1.7 from a bootstrapped nix build and get

env TMPDIR=/var/tmp /home/cog/pprins/nix-boot/bin/nix-env -f nixpkgs/ -iA nix

(...)

++ nix-build dependencies.nix -o /var/tmp/nix-build-nix-1.7.drv-0/nix-1.7/tests/test-tmp/result

  download-from-binary-cache.pl: cannot figure out user name at /home/cog/pprins/nix/store/zcldwb80nnxy054a2zzfzksplygyz4db-nix-1.7/libexec/nix/substituters/download-from-binary-cache.pl line 43.

echo $USER
  pprins

There is no USER in env-vars.

All the dependencies build fine. Any idea?

Pj.