[Nix-dev] Gutenprint cups drivers

Jonas Hörsch coroa at online.de
Mon Jun 2 12:45:57 CEST 2014

Hi Marc, (and others),

Thanks for the mails you sent me in reply to my support request [1] in
February, I tried to follow them as good as I could.

But, since there was a pull request, which allegedly would enable me to
use the new gutenprint necessary for my Canon PIXMA MG5200 printer, I
had settled for waiting until it was to be merged. Well, it seems that's
not going to happen anytime soon.

> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/1120/

So I tried to build cups/gutenprint from that pull request on my own.
but, when I merge it into a current channel-nixos branch of mine,
nix doesn't finish the "building the system configuration..." step and
instead just hogs more and more memory, slowing the system to a grind.

I tried cherry-picking the important commits over to another branch, but
the commit history has so many cross-merges, that I can't make heads nor
tails of it.

What are you using at the moment?

Thanks,
Jonas