[Nix-dev] gcc_s with Haskell packages

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 21:23:19 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to get the bits-extras Haskell package to compile. The caveat
is that it needs gcc_s as an available library.

What I'm currently doing is adding -lgcc_s to NIX_LDFLAGS but that does
not seem to help as the compilation fails with:

…
/nix/store/gnk8w6qh6fwfamwy8ipl8zg149inw9rg-gcc-wrapper-4.8.3/bin/ld
returned
ExitFailure 1 with error message:
/nix/store/bzvdg7g74rkw7p3zw3mqpp7ynnq4mxf1-binutils-2.23.1/bin/ld: cannot
find -lgcc_s
Setup: /tmp/6042.o: does not exist

I tried adding gcc to buildInputs just in case but it did not seem to
change anything. You can see my default.nix for bits-extras at [1]. I
have also produced a more verbose than default output by using runghc on
Setup by hand with -v3 which shows various vars, you can see that at [2].

I see many packages in nixpkgs with the NIX_LDFLAGS="-lgcc_s" present
but it does not seem to work in my case: perhaps something extra is
needed for Haskell packages. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

[1]: http://lpaste.net/108516
[2]: http://lpaste.net/108517

--
Mateusz K.