[Nix-dev] nix-shell NetworkManager

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 13:41:45 CET 2014

Yes, it pops up the error when I try to connect to protected wifi. My
configuration has nothing special in the area of networking, but I am
using Xfce as a window manager (I guess most of the people use nixos
with KDE). My Nixos tree is forked from

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/commit/cec700aab058db238176f591e1b919f30da54ce2

Another detail: If I run nm-applet as root, no error is displayed. So
this thing is probably related somehow to the polkit.

Sergey.