[Nix-dev] Google Summer of Code 2014

Domen Kožar domen at dev.si
Thu Feb 13 23:14:04 CET 2014

Hi all,

Google Summer of Code is a program organized by Google giving organizations
in open source opportunity to pay students to work on open source projects.

Many successful students become contributors after the projects ends. Also,
participating in GSOC is a healthy sign of an open source project.

Below is a wiki entry of ideas that a student would accomplish in 3 months.
The deadline to apply as an organization is tomorrow, I'm willing to do
that step, but we have to produce a list of ideas with potential mentors by
tomorrow afternoon (18:00 UTC).

https://nixos.org/wiki/GSOC_2014_ideas_list

Maybe to get a better idea, take a peek at Google's list
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2013/Ideas

Disclaimer: I've participated in GSOC for 4 years as a student and I feel
like it's time to step at the other side :-)

Domen