[Nix-dev] nix-store -q --references in more details

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 10:41:06 CET 2014

Hi. I'd like to automatically filter out gcc from my hand-made initrd
image created with make-initrd.nix. The problem is that some packages
depend on gcc package, but we know that they probably need
libgcc_s.so.1 only. So I plan to know is it really true or not.
Unfortunately, `nix-store -q --references ...' prints paths in
`/nix/store/<hash>-name' format, it doesn't show the tail of the
reference. Is there a method to extract the whole reference strings,
like `/nix/store/<hash>-name/lib/liblib.so', from a package ? If no,
could you recommend a binary grep tool which may help me to do so?

Regards,
Sergey