[Nix-dev] Declarative user management merged to master

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 22:37:47 CET 2014

On 7 February 2014 22:20, Aristid Breitkreuz <aristidb at gmail.com> wrote:
> You have to explicitly specify the uid and gid now.

Hm... I did have some groups with no defined gid but I fixed that.
I've tried with the groups having gid and with all extra groups
commented out, so it's only my user (with uid) that's defined in
configuration.nix. I still get the same error.

Even commenting out *all* of users.extraUsers/Groups and I still have
that error.

Could it be some state hanging around from the first run? Or maybe
there is a service I'm using that defines a user/group without a
uid/gid. Probably that.

--show-trace doesn't really give any hints on where it comes from so I
guess it's manually binary search for me :-)

Thanks for the hint, Aristid!

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman