[Nix-dev] xpra not working

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 19:34:48 CET 2014

On 4 February 2014 07:11, James Cook <james.cook at utoronto.ca> wrote:
>> Searching online suggests that either /var/tmp doesn't have 777 perms
>> (it does here) or that xkbcomp or xkeyboard-config isn't installed (it
>> is here, via nix-env).
>
> Are xkbcomp and xkeyboard-config available in xpra's build inputs?  I
> only ask because you mentioned nix-env specifically, but I would
> expect a properly pure NixOS port to ignore what's in your path.

No they are not. Looking at "python setup.py --help" in xpra sources
lists lots of options, but non regarding xkbcomp or xkeyboard-config.

There must be some hardcoded assumptions somewhere, but I cannot seem
to find them. I'm not sure the assumptions are in xpra even, they
could be somewhere else (X?).

I'm trying xpra's IRC channel now (#winswitch @ freenode).

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman