[Nix-dev] haskellPackages_ghc763_profiling

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Thu Feb 6 14:18:57 CET 2014

Hi all,

Before nixos, I remember that enabling profiling in .cabal/config lead
to double compilation times, because things got compiled twice. Once
normal/optimized, and once with profiling info.

With nixos, I wired haskellPackages to haskellPackages_ghc763_profiling
through packageOverrides, but I don't see things get compiled twice.

Did something change regarding this? Or have I now ended up with only
profiling versions (potentially slower) of all haskell packages?

Thanks,
Mathijs