[Nix-dev] Please explain grub installer

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 12:04:45 CET 2014

Hi! I've got a troubles while trying to understand how does
install-grub.pl works (maybe that is because I'm not skilled in perl).

Here is what I am trying to figure out: grub.nix calls
./install-grub.pl with XML parameter list as an argument.

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/nixos/modules/system/boot/loader/grub/grub.nix#L242

>From the perl side, ./install-grub.pl reads ARGV[0] and ARGV[1].
ARGV[0] turns out to contain the path to XML. OK. And ARVG[1] contains
a mysterious config. AFAIK it should point to the folder with kernel,
initrd and others. But where does it come from?

Regards,
Sergey