[Nix-dev] Dataflow

stewart mackenzie setori88 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 18:02:29 CET 2014

> It's unclear to me what problem your proposal solves.  If the source of
> the issue is the package itself is paralleizing builds (i.e. rebar) then
> how does making Nix more dataflow solve that?

My initial problem was non-deterministic error messages. the-kenny and
James helped me realize it is indeed the underlying build tools.

Dataflow is one thing, Declarative Concurrency is another, and with
these shifty eye'd build tools I'm afraid not even Declarative
Concurrency can solve non-deterministic error messages, but it could
well simplify the logic of the nix build plan..... <vladimir's email
arrives>

Vladimír Čunát's email, the next post, mentions that the *.nix
evaluation and actual build processes are separate.

So bang goes that idea of Declarative Concurrency, as it's already
coarsely implemented and seems to be correct.