[Nix-dev] Dataflow

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 17:52:34 CET 2014

On 12/25/2014 05:45 PM, stewart mackenzie wrote:
> If one uses declarative concurrency I suspect one could essentially
> remove much of the build plan logic that's in nix-the-language.

The *.nix evaluation and actual build processes are separate. First
there's evaluation into *.drv derivations (build recipes), and these are
then realized (built; with waiting on build-time dependencies).

I don't think there's any known non-determinism except for the
individual builders, which are handled per-case. Many of them are
determined to put build date and similar things into the output...

Vladimir