[Nix-dev] Wine x64

Nathaniel Baxter nathaniel.baxter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 08:26:01 CET 2014

Hi Kirill,
Nixpkgs only includes a package for the 32bit version of wine, which works
for 32bit applications using wine on amd64.

Wine64 has not been packaged for nixpkgs, although this should be possible.
That comment you referred to is from 2010, Eelco might be able to clarify,
but I suspect that the 64bit port for wine was less mature then.

I briefly attempted to package a version of wine with support for both
64bit and 32bit applications a few months ago (using these instructions
<http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64>) but I had issues with setting up the
environment properly. Someone with more nix experience might be more
successful. I can revive that code/try to fix it if there is interest.

~Nathaniel Baxter