[Nix-dev] FOSDEM: meeting notes

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 13:48:28 CET 2014

Hi all,

here's the findings of our call about FOSDEM (which happens in Brussels
during the Jan 31 weekend, free entrance, come if you can):

We have a table at FOSDEM, which is meant to show off the project to people
that walk through the hallway. Here's what that looks like:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Fosdem2013-booth.jpeg

We need *volunteers* to man the table, gear for the table, a presentation
and swag.

* Table:
We will need two monitors and something to drive them.

   - One would be playing a presentation (to be made by somebody, or is
   there a nice one already?) explaining Nix
   - One is for showing interested people how NixOS works. This would be
   done by a table host who is typically behind the table so it's nice to have
   a mirrored screen

Great extras: Banners, flyers, swag, nerdy things, 3D-printed items, ...

* Swag:
It would be great if we have swag to give away/sell.
If we can give e.g. USB sticks away, we could have a contest with a few
prize drawings (have them fill out a google form with some questions about
NixOS that they would have to look up), or we could give stuff to people
that do a PR.

Please see https://nixos.org/wiki/FOSDEM_2015 for a complete overview and
to register as a volunteer.

Feel free to improve the Wiki page of course, or reply here.

Thanks!

Wout.